Plastic/nylon pieces for grille screws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeztruk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the inserts are called for holding the grille mounting screws? My grille has been removed so many times that the screw retention is becoming minimal to non-existent. I have to remove the grille once again, to replace the headlamp buckets, and I'd like to replace these pieces once the grille is off. Thanks

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There is a GM parts guy at Tahoe/Yukon Forum, that helps us if you post the last 8 of your VIN and tag him at @915_Tahoe. You can attempt that at that forum if you want. The owner of this site, @Shaggy, owns that site too.

But, if you look at Amazon there are numerous companies that make assortments of those inserts and Christmas tree clips. Lots of auto parts stores also have them in their HELP line, or whatever line they use for things like that.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can get the " Auveco " catalog as they carry a lot of those small hard to find GM and other brand parts . Many of the same small parts are used by numerous car companies. The catalog along is a great reference.