Help? - Project stalled for lack of one lousy plastic piece for '88/9 glass quad headlight bucket: tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
LMC truck parts doesn't even show these dividers/diffusers in their parts breakdown in their catalog! Could be the units they got for modeling/prototyping didn't have them? See attached screenshot....
Anyone who has and drives theirs trucks with these lights want to chime in with opinions?
@PlayingWithTBI , @jjester6000 , etc......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221231-141848.png
    Screenshot_20221231-141848.png
    268.6 KB · Views: 3

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have everything I need to install my new grill with the '88/'89 glass quad headlights in my '96 GMC 1500. Found all the conversion parts in wrecking yard except........the right hand plastic divider piece that sits between the lamp housings. (see pics) I had 2 and felt smug. Turns out I have two -'Left Hand' pieces; so am missing one lousy right hand divider piece to continue on with project. Exhausted local wrecking yards. Distant yards and on line parts sourcing only turns up complete left or right full bucket assemblies for $35 to $55. And no guarantee when it arrives that little piece hasn't fallen out
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
and yard couldn't tell. Best bet I guess is to find a forum member with a lot of left over parts and has one to spare. Tips/thoughts appreciated. Dennis in E WA state
I saw an '88/89 with the correct lights in a Denver CO junkyard about 2 weeks ago. I drove back to Illinois for christmas, so I'm not sure it's still there.

If it is, I'd be willing to ship it to you.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I have a yard trip planned for tomorrow morning, I was under the crew cab today to see what my annoying rattles might be....and lo and behold the spare tire has disappeared! I know it had one when I bought the truck!
Their inventory shows there should be a couple of old trucks out there besides the '88 C2500 work bed that those lights came from. I never got out to the shop today, but hopefully can after the wrecking yard.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
I saw an '88/89 with the correct lights in a Denver CO junkyard about 2 weeks ago. I drove back to Illinois for christmas, so I'm not sure it's still there.

If it is, I'd be willing to ship it to you.

OP and I can share. :)

He needs left-hand side, I need right-hand side. So, if you do go to the yard, and find the lights, I'll take the right-hand side. :)

(If that's okay. OP is... Well... The OP; I don't want to hijack this thread; if he chimes in and says "WTH, Frankie?? First come, first serve!", I'll back off!! ☺️)

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
OP and I can share. :)

He needs left-hand side, I need right-hand side. So, if you do go to the yard, and find the lights, I'll take the right-hand side. :)

(If that's okay. OP is... Well... The OP; I don't want to hijack this thread; if he chimes in and says "WTH, Frankie?? First come, first serve!", I'll back off!! ☺️)
Sounds like a plan! I discovered that the LKQ yard 15 minutes from the RV park, has several trucks that I need to visit (unfortunately no 88-89s though) and they supposedly open at 8am tomorrow. So I will go see them and then head across town to the U Pull And Pay,and see if the '89 I couldn't find before is there....
I know the set of quads in my shop has one of the diffusers in it, and I thought it was the left side one. But I need to look at it to be sure....and if I am successful getting the things I want at either yard I'll have to go to the shop and drop them off!