Help? - Project stalled for lack of one lousy plastic piece for '88/9 glass quad headlight bucket: tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DennisT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have everything I need to install my new grill with the '88/'89 glass quad headlights in my '96 GMC 1500. Found all the conversion parts in wrecking yard except........the right hand plastic divider piece that sits between the lamp housings. (see pics) I had 2 and felt smug. Turns out I have two -'Left Hand' pieces; so am missing one lousy right hand divider piece to continue on with project. Exhausted local wrecking yards. Distant yards and on line parts sourcing only turns up complete left or right full bucket assemblies for $35 to $55. And no guarantee when it arrives that little piece hasn't fallen out
You must be registered for see images attach
and yard couldn't tell. Best bet I guess is to find a forum member with a lot of left over parts and has one to spare. Tips/thoughts appreciated. Dennis in E WA state

bc-chris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Dennis

had some time this morning so i took a look in my crawl space to see if i still had my old quad lights... i do!

see below - you need the circled part correct? with "RH" on it...

the top clip thing is a little wonky but if that's what you need let me know.

chris

DennisT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
YES! That's exactly what I need. "RH," marked and all. If it is excess to you needs, I'd be happy to purchase it from you. I think a, "private mail," works to me via this forum, if not, I can openly send my email address. ??

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy's got a complete assy and looking to sell...

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get that same plastic piece that OP was talking about?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Looking at the piece closely, I can see why they're often missing(since I'm sure GM never thought in their wildest imagination that anyone would be still using this headlight system 35-36 years after they built it!).
A few months ago, I saw someone had a pair of these on eBay, but I didn't want them so I didn't try to get them. You might be able to fabricate it from thin aluminum?

FrankieD61

Reaction score
Yeah, for sure.

I think I can probably make one with some steel and make it look decent.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yeah, for sure.

I think I can probably make one with some steel and make it look decent.
I had considered dabbing up some for my lights, from aluminum or brass, whenever I decide to use them. As long as you paint it black, no one will get close enough to it to see that it's not the original piece, once it's in the truck.

FrankieD61

Reaction score
Exactly! What's also nice is Holley sells replacement bulbs and "buckets". Dorman probably does, too.