Where the sbc 350 builds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gramps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someday I’d like to get more into the tuning part - but for now playing with what would work with the stock ecm is what we were after, turnkey reliable with a little more kick.
So we took a roller block, added a comp roller cam, a set of iron EQ hybrid heads, stock tbi manifold and modified tbi unit. Churned out 300hp and 385ft-lbs on the dyno. There’s more left in it - hit the bottleneck of the stock tbi unit just couldn’t pull any more air through it. Tuning would help but it really needs the big block tbi unit and probably a better intake.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tuning would help but it really needs the big block tbi unit and probably a better intake.
You can go with a bored out (to 46mm) Throttle Body that'll flow 650CFM - plenty for a 350 @ 6000 RPM. The 7.4L TB on a 5.7L has a hard time idling, it'll keep flooding out. When I tried the 80LB/HR big block injectors and had the EBL do a VE Learn, it shut the injectors off completely to get AFR down to 14.7 and, of course, the engine died.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/46mm-PORTE...837306?hash=item3d963196ba:g:mpwAAOSw2xRYWVJj

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, here's mine: It's a L31 shortblock with EQ hybrid Vortec heads, Comp Cams 212/218 hyd roller. It has the Edelbrock TBI-MPFI manifold on top w/ a 46mm TB. Running it all with a EBL Flash II w/port mod. It's a lot of fun on street, but I haven't been to the track or the dyno yet.
You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a L31 shortblock with EQ hybrid Vortec heads, Comp Cams 212/218 hyd roller. It has the Edelbrock TBI-MPFI manifold on top w/ a 46mm TB. Running it all with a EBL Flash II w/port mod.

I see you have the TV cable there, how do you like your 700r4? What have you done to it?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's just a GM reman with about 90k on it. I haven't done anything to it yet. It's on borrowed time.
Yeah, I blew mine in about a month after putting the engine together. The "phase 2" trans I got from Transmission Depot shifts hard and strong but, at WOT it won't shift from 2nd to 3rd. I played with governor weights and springs, adjusted the TV cable, no luck. I have a feeling I may have to take it to shop and have them look at the valve springs, may be too strong? I don't know enough about these trans myself.