Where should i go from here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I'd get that blasted, and re do that, but stay far far away from black, it's the hardest to make look right.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Dude, please tell me it was raining when you took these pictures and all that is not paint running.
You have a good looking truck right now, what do you want to do to it?

haha, nah its all rain, i fixed the runs the best i could, i got them completely flat, but there were solvent pockets that filled with the compound and polish. you can see in the last pic.

i'm thinking some pocket flares, towing mirrors, cowl hood, new rims/tires, put my exhaust back on with my new muffler. probably put my step bars back on to keep the wife happy, and modify my old grille guard to look way better/custom bumper or something.

i have made the decision to keep it stock height, that way i save money on tires and such, thinking about getting some 33x12.5 and putting them on some steelies with chrome.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I'd get that blasted, and re do that, but stay far far away from black, it's the hardest to make look right.

yeah it def didnt turn out great but its bearable for now, i've gotta do the tailgate yet too, as for the big ugly run marks left over. i may respray there lightly and wetsand/buff again.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
So i fixed my exhaust leaks, just need to get my tailpipes on, fender flares and wheel spacers ordered, got a set of steel rims, gonna sandblast and paint, got new style centres coming and some chrome rings to clean up on them, then they're getting wide 33's or winter tires.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All of your ideas sound very solid. I really really like the tow mirrors, cowl hood, and nbs rear bumper ideas, obviously :D I think that those 3 things alone will really go a long way. They will also get you pretty close to your $1000 limit, but maybe also something small like the painted grille, with a billet insert & bowtie! Just take a peak at my truck it's got those things you mentioned but basically It WILL look killer!

A bumper idea for you...I painted my stock bumpers black for $10...Got the truck bed coating stuff and scuffed them up real good and shot them. I was really iffy about it but it came out great. Slightly duller than the paint but I put tire shine on the bumpers and it really glossens them up and you would never know the difference. Just a thought for some cheap color matching!