When turning transmission downshifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88gmt400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just what it says I can be goin sown the road and take a curve and the truck will kick down in passing gear? I put a radiator in and lost a little tyranny fluid but could that be the problem I checked it three times and it is still full

Sent from my GOVERNMENT TAPPED smartass phoneusing Tapatalk 2

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
That should have absolutely nothing to do with each other

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Is it an older truck with a mechanical linkage on the side of the transmission? It may be the cab is twisting on the frame ( think missing / corroded cab mount bolt ) or possibly broken / rust damaged frame causing the trans linkage to move enough to drop a gear.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Is it an older truck with a mechanical linkage on the side of the transmission? It may be the cab is twisting on the frame ( think missing / corroded cab mount bolt ) or possibly broken / rust damaged frame causing the trans linkage to move enough to drop a gear.
In that case you would think he would notice more than the shifting haha

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I have seen one neutral drop because of a bad trans mount. It was pulling the shifter into neutral and would drop back into drive when you completed your curve (sometimes at high rpm if you were not careful) It was a work truck, we drove it like this for a few years before we finally junked it.

88gmt400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truck is an 88 but no rust on the frame or anything and it could be a trans mount but It ain't a bad cab mount can't be trans was rebuilt 6000 miles ago

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

88gmt400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And the trucks not goin into neutral its kicking down a gear still pulls when it kicks down then later on after work it don't do it as bad and it didn't do it as much before the radiator that's why I was asking

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2