Whatcha think guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My son is one of those that wants something cool so he customizes it to his liking, then thinks he will get some ridiculous price from it. Most recently he took a '79 camper special, 4 door dually, and shortened the frame to make it a CCSB in the square body style. He put the interior of a '91 Suburban into it, and was going to drop a Duramax in it. Figured he could sell it for 20-25K. I kept trying to tell him there is no real market for that. In the end, the title still says its a 40 year old camper special. It's only "worth" what someone else is willing to pay for it. Which wasn't very much. It went out of the yard on a trailer with most of the parts in the bed for the next guy to figure out what to do with it. He still won't tell me how much he got for it. $20K for a clean one owner work truck that's 35 years old with 200K miles is a great deal, if the guy that buys it feels like he got a great deal on it. For the rest of us, not so much!
You got it, it is worth whatever a sucker is willing to pay for it. =)

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
small crack, Ha Ha thats funny, more like needs new frame.

Last edited:

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Speaking of great deals, here you go!
"Small Crack in Frame."
Small he says, lol. Never mind the amount of frame missing due to rust or the 'low hanging fruit' which appears to be a fuel filter. What we share the road with..
https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/d/4xdodge-dakota/6737006442.html

Yeah, but he took a red twist tie from a loaf of bread and wired it up a little. That way it matches the paint and you don’t have to worry about the small crack in the frame.

Ingenuity.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
LMAO, your guys' comments are hilarious.

Thanks to east302 for immortalizing it should the post be taken off of CL. The bread tie is a great touch, no expense spared.. Can be yours for the low, low price of $850. No low ballers or tire kickers, I know what I have!

At the very least, the guy included a photo and disclosed it. Can only imagine the amount of scum bags out there who don't do that; "Clean body, runs great. Just need something bigger."