What To Prep Floors With?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gearheadmike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my std cab gmc and had pulled all the old carpet and that out it was junk. My floors are great no rust/rot but has some scratches and that. I'm putting new heat/sound deadening and new vinyl floor.
I'm just thinking of something i can put down to further protect floor pans?

Few people say hard setting undercoat or spray on wax or por15
PS this is not getting driven in the winter months and not really on rainy days lol

Last edited:

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Further protect, against rust? Likely best to worry about the cab understructure and rocker panels. Unless you have a lot of salty water running under the flooring from wet boots in the winter, you should be fine.

If you insist on using something under the flooring, fluid film is available in spray cans. Not inexpensive, but it works well.

Gearheadmike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My cab is in great shape with minor discolor on under side of cab floors i guess the inside should be fine once the vynal floor is installed. Won't be drivin at all in winter do to way way to much salt they use up here :thumbsdown:
Underside some say leave it alone but idk yet

thedood

Reaction score
I have bed liner in the floor of my yj jeep. I'm going to paint my k1500 floor with rustoleum bedliner once I get the floor repaired.

Gearheadmike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got some paint able under coating i'm just gunna use on the scuffed spots to keep air from getting to it then just lay the heat-sound deadner then vinyl flooring over it.