What to do???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red97

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have built 4l60 that should hold the 454 but only one way to find out:hmm: I was just wondering what everybody thought about the possibilities. thanks
for the input keep it coming

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
4L60 or 4L60E. If its a E, its gonna be a ***** to get to work with carb, Thats what i have right now. a 4L60E with a Holley 670CFM Street Avenger and a Holley TPS kit.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hook a 4l60e to it and watch it go BOOOM once again i still think u need to hook that allison to the 454 that would be a ba combo

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
hook a 4l60e to it and watch it go BOOOM once again i still think u need to hook that allison to the 454 that would be a ba combo

i dont think an allison will just bolt up to a 454 will it? plus how in the hell are you gonna control the allison?

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i did a little reasearch and by that i mean read one thing and it says it wont work but ill go do some more checking

Red97

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the Allison has the same bolt pattern as the 454 but prob need to modify the flex plate. yes it is an 4l60e. I was just going to leave most of the wiring alone and jimmy rig the 454 in it for the time being. or at least long enough tho blow the 4l60e and rebuild the 8.1 and Allison. I am hoping to be able to do just a bare bones 454 swap for the time being. fuel pressure regulator hook up the starter wires and let the lights on the dash go crazy. i know i am missing a few things but you know what i am getting at.:evillol: i think im leaning towards 8.1 Allison SAS 1/2 ton? maybe a turbo or a Whipple. just kind of different??

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I believe the Allison has the same bolt pattern as the 454 but prob need to modify the flex plate. yes it is an 4l60e. I was just going to leave most of the wiring alone and jimmy rig the 454 in it for the time being. or at least long enough tho blow the 4l60e and rebuild the 8.1 and Allison. I am hoping to be able to do just a bare bones 454 swap for the time being. fuel pressure regulator hook up the starter wires and let the lights on the dash go crazy. i know i am missing a few things but you know what i am getting at.:evillol: i think im leaning towards 8.1 Allison SAS 1/2 ton? maybe a turbo or a Whipple. just kind of different??

first off, the 4L60e wont function without certain things hooked up (CTS, VSS, TPS (Hardest part to get to work) and a tach signal) you WILL be stuck in 2nd gear.

Red97

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is nice to know. I guess its a 411 pcm swap with the 8.1 I will have to start saving. thanks fast orange.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score