What to do when you escape from a 4 year olds birthday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My wife told me earlier in the week that there was a birthday party for one of my son's 4 year old classmates. No biggie. On Friday she reminds me of the birthday party and let me know that she had to work as well. I told her that if I had to go to this girls birthday by myself without knowing anyone, then she was going to have to screw my brains out. She did. It was great! What she didn't tell me was how long the party was supposed to go on for, 3+ scheduled hours at a gym! I escaped after an hour and my son and I did this instead. He kept saying "one more daddy, one more!" As you can see, we did more than one round of fun in the mud. Waaayyyyyy better then a bunch of princess cr&p!
You must be registered for see images attach

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I remember doin stuff like that with my dad, good times!

Im sure I went to birthday parties too, but I can' t recall any of them. Good choice on ditchin the party!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Good for you! THAT's bein' a 'Dad'!

For my youngest boy Mike's 7th B'day, the wife wanted to through him a party. Sent 12 invites with him to school to hand out to some friends.
Came the day of the party. Mike's going from the front window, to the back door, checking the driveway & the alley, waiting, waiting, waiting. An hour after the party was supposed to start, NOBODY has shown up. I can see his little heart breaking! The tears are not far away. He's trying to keep his chin up, but hey, he's seven! What the hell is going on? Why is no-one here?
Turns out the wifey hadn't included our phone #, or the address on the invites!!! She's a redhead, but sometimes, SO blonde!
What to do, what to do, what to do?
Time to call in some favours. Mikey's gonna party with the big boys!
Call up the bungy jump owners/operators in town. I'd sewn up all the ankle harnesses for them & they had offered me a free jump or two. I'd had never taken them up on it. Today's the day! (What a stupid way to get a thrill!) Mike & I both got to go. For me, never again!
Next up, Paragliding! The owner, Kirk & I had become good friends over the years. Had done a custom seat for his Road-Glide for cheap. "Sure, bring him down!"
After that, up the hill to the amusement park. Another favour called in. Mike gets on every ride for free, as many times as he wants! What's he want to spend most of the time on? Bumper cars & the roller coaster! Oh yea! (Mikey & I have a thing for coasters. Him & I have travelled fairly long distances just to ride some big ones. That's another story!)
Finally, we gotta eat! I had an ongoing contract to repair 'Boston Pizza's' seats. Jim, the owner, (yea, the guy from 'Dragon's Den'.)set us up with all the fixin's! In the best seats in the house. Pizza, cake & candles, & the whole staff & restaurant sang Happy Birthday to Mike!
Mike's now 30!!! Can't call him 'Mikey' anymore!
After finally re-connecting with him after 18 years (!) one of the first things he talked about was that day! Said it was one of his favourite childhood memories., & one of his best birthdays, ever.
I figured I did pretty good for just pulling that celebration outa my hat.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Awesome Job as a Dad!

When My son was little I did everything I could for him. Felt bad I had to miss his soccer games every other Saturday due to work. But I was there when I could.

Now he's 22 and follows me everywhere. I wish he'd hook up with some chick and leave me alone!!! LOL!

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
You fellas are amazing! My fondest memories are wrenching with my old man...hopefully I can make memories like these with my soon to be 3 year old step daughter.

Thank God she has a thing for trucks and bikes :waytogo: