What size is my radiator 95 chevy 350 tbi?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankb714

Reaction score
I have a suburban with a 350 5.7 tbi.... It has a cracked radiator and need to know if it has a 1" or 2" core... And what are its dimensions?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 350 TBI can have a 1" or 2" core. Also for the dimensions they can be 29" or 34" If I remember correctly. The only way to know for sure is take your upper fan shroud off and measure the thickness of the core and how wide the core is.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
A 350 TBI can have a 1" or 2" core. Also for the dimensions they can be 29" or 34" If I remember correctly. The only way to know for sure is take your upper fan shroud off and measure the thickness of the core and how wide the core is.

the wider cores were only used in the 6.5 and 454, which the radiator support has cutout areas to remove metal to allow the airflow for the wider radiators, i forgot to remove that metal on my mudder when it went from the 5.7 to the bigblock so it runs a little warm

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the wider cores were only used in the 6.5 and 454, which the radiator support has cutout areas to remove metal to allow the airflow for the wider radiators, i forgot to remove that metal on my mudder when it went from the 5.7 to the bigblock so it runs a little warm

Both of my 350's have the wide core with no peices covering the cores. My 92 350 was the same way

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should but IIRC you will need a different fan shroud. I'm not 100% sure but I think ya do.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Every small block GMT 400 truck that I have owned have all had the 34 inch core, no matter whether they were 1/2 ton or 1 ton, but the 6.5 TD and big block's I have owned have a taller rad but still 34 inch wide core, but I have seen the smaller ones in other truck's I've just never owned one.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
a way to measure core thickness is mark a piece of plastic(like a ziptie)with a visible mark 1" from the click end and another mark of a different color 2" from the click end....reach under fan shroud and stick it thru the radiator and see if one or both marks show through. If 1 mark, it's a 2" core; if both marks, it's a 1" core. As far as width goes....ummmm, measuring tape from one tank to the other, then take ~3-4" off the final amount to compensate for the ~2" wide tanks, and there's your core width.