what is this that broke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

revmatcher

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be the line that gives vacuum to allow the heater hose valve to open. There is an electric solenoid on the bulkhead that opens a vacuum valve which allows vacuum to open the bigger water valve.

VictoryRed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be the line that gives vacuum to allow the heater hose valve to open. There is an electric solenoid on the bulkhead that opens a vacuum valve which allows vacuum to open the bigger water valve.
if i drive with that line broken will it cause major issues?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yr, make, model, did you look at where the plastic tube is attached to? What it's connected to is it's function. A bad picture of a tube, but not what part it's connected to.
Tip.. you stand twenty feet away they look the same. Then open the hood and doors, their all different.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
any idea what the line is called?

You will not find one new. Its the heater control valve vacuum line. Mine was crumbling years ago on my 99 Tahoe and it was already a discontinued part. I went to the auto parts store, bought the right diameter nylon vacuum line, trimmed it to length and hooked it up with a couple pieces of vacuum hose on each end.

revmatcher

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your heater won't work without that line. If you leave it unplugged, it's a vacuum leak. If you can live withour the cabin heater, at least pinch the line off so it's not sucking air into the manifold.

VictoryRed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will not find one new. Its the heater control valve vacuum line. Mine was crumbling years ago on my 99 Tahoe and it was already a discontinued part. I went to the auto parts store, bought the right diameter nylon vacuum line, trimmed it to length and hooked it up with a couple pieces of vacuum hose on each end.
thanks that’s weird that nobody sells one new

VictoryRed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will not find one new. It’s the heater control valve vacuum line. Mine was crumbling years ago on my 99 Tahoe and it was already a discontinued part. I went to the auto parts store, bought the right diameter nylon vacuum line, trimmed it to length and hooked it up with a couple pieces of vacuum hose on each end.
do you know what diameter you bought still by chance?