What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These have all been within the last 2 months. The red Suburban was towed to my house, then shop and back home. The white ecsb is my dad's. I just towed it to the shop yesterday and it will come home tomorrow night. I really need my dually going...

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Poor little half ton, that 5.3 must be working its ass off. I know mine wouldn't pull all that well at that weight.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These have all been within the last 2 months. The red Suburban was towed to my house, then shop and back home. The white ecsb is my dad's. I just towed it to the shop yesterday and it will come home tomorrow night. I really need my dually going...

The dually waiting on an engine, is that correct?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The dually waiting on an engine, is that correct?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Correct. I have all of the parts to do every upgrade possible to a 6.5 optimizer but there are other projects in front of it. Dad's 5.3 swap is the current project. My Aunts truck needs a spider and ac compressor. I need to do a rear main seal in an 03 Suburban so I can sell it. Then I need to do a tranny swap in the 49 f1.

Of course I need to do all of the upgrades to the engine as well before I drop it in. I plan on building brackets and cold side plumbing for the air to water intercooler before I strip the engine down for upgraded head gaskets and studs.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Poor little half ton, that 5.3 must be working its ass off. I know mine wouldn't pull all that well at that weight.
Yeah it is definitely working its ass off. We are the 3rd owners, the second bought it in 06 with 30k. She said that she never did a tranny so it definitely makes me nervous with 270k on the clock while pulling 16k combined coming up the coast range for a 150 mile journey. Also last weekend we pulled the standard cab for @ccreddell through the Siskiyou mountains from Dungsmear, CA to Grants Pass, OR.

dwilliams471

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How'd it tow? 4.10's I'm guessing?

It towed really well with the 4.10's. Not a speed demon by any means, but plenty of umpfff to get it moving on down the road. Very different in the stability area compared to my 2014 1500 Z71 hauling the same set up.