What ground is this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I did not understand what you said
He didn’t write response, I did. But you said I have 1 frame to firewall connected. And you said “the other was broken”. My response of frame to back side of passenger side head stands. What else can be said?

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
He didn’t write response, I did. But you said I have 1 frame to firewall connected. And you said “the other was broken”. My response of frame to back side of passenger side head stands. What else can be said?
NO. Im asking is that the one broken ? (Cause what dose frame to back of the passanger side of the mean.) That dosent help if your not asking if its broken or telling me its broken

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NO. Im asking is that the one broken ? (Cause what dose frame to back of the passanger side of the mean.) That dosent help if your not asking if its broken or telling me its broken
How is anyone supposed to know which one is broken? You’re looking at it. The picture you posted shows NOTHING. Again, you said “I have one from frame to firewall - perfect, that one’s done.
Then you said “the other is broken” and “where does it go?”. The response again is FRAME to HEAD!
Do you know what the frame and head are? If not, you should have posed that as your next question.
Your last response is basically nonsensical, it doesn’t make sense and photo is terrible. Take clear, concise pictures and proofread.

RanchWelder

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you only have one grounded head, having two is more better.
Try not to drill into anything critical and use a good quality screw and star washer over sanded paint to bare metal.
If you strip it, even a little bit, you now need a bigger screw:)

You guys are a riot... to be square, I thought the picture was a bit lacking... so I chased the responses for a good laugh and got one...

Last edited:

RanchWelder

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is the battery to the frame, the frame to the alternator, (usually 2 seperate 4 gauge wires bolted to the frame.
Then a SINGLE ground strap from one or both heads to the FIREWALL. Not the frame... or the starter... Usually is the key word.

Your ECM gets grounded directly next to the passenger head, but I usually attach a long passenger firewall strap directly to the stud holding the COIL to the manifold. It is long enough and it is easier than fiddling with a 3/8"tiny bolt behind the head on the passenger side.

The driver's side head sucks bolting the strap too.

2 head grounds, (or one to the coil), is better than one.

The wire you have is the passenger side or the driver's side head to FIREWALL ground wire.

They are $10 each from AZ or Sum.
Buy 2 and fix all your grounds or you'll screw up the ignition module or cause the ECU to stop working.

Nobody here is stoopid. Trucks are stoopid.

Last edited: