What could it be.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First thought is '68--'72 Chevelle. But there are other GMs that used the "Staple" shifter. The OD lens and mechanism would be an aftermarket mod.

I've got a couple reproductions of the full-size console out in the barn. They're so horrible that I couldn't get the screw holes for one piece to line up with the other piece. About $500 of heartbreak there. I don't have the OD parts for the automatic console, and the other is for a 4-speed.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the shifter/console add on. That is the same console my wife bought me for Frank. What is the console from?
A 2006 Tahoe. Or at least the rear section is. The front section, I built. Everything on the shifter I built, except for the shifter handle it self. All of the hardware for the shifter, I built. All of the trim work, I built. When I went to thw junk yard I knew I wanted a console like that, but I didnt want the front secrtion that crawls up the dashboard. I wanted something like what I built. I really hadnt thought about moving the shifter to the floor. That was the other welders idea, and when He said that, He was thinking more like a B&M. I dont really like the way they look, so when he said that, I said yea, and I want a Chevelle shifter. So this is how it turned out. Here is a few more pics of rhe console. These consoles have a radio in the back for rear passengers. None of the consoles I looked at, had a radio that was worth a crap, so I had another co worker make a silverado name plate to insert in that hole. He also made the little bow ties in the part I built .
You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is the rear part of the console. I cut off the legs, and bolted the base to the floor of my truck.

First thought is '68--'72 Chevelle. But there are other GMs that used the "Staple" shifter. The OD lens and mechanism would be an aftermarket mod.

I've got a couple reproductions of the full-size console out in the barn. They're so horrible that I couldn't get the screw holes for one piece to line up with the other piece. About $500 of heartbreak there. I don't have the OD parts for the automatic console, and the other is for a 4-speed.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only thing I bought is the horseshoe or staple shifter handle it self. I built everything else. All of the brackets, detent plate, I built. I made 1st to 2ed a slap shift. All of the lighting are LEDs. The lens, was made for my by coworker who cuts plexiglass and makes signs. Same guy who cut the little biw ties, and silverado insert.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
A 2006 Tahoe. Or at least the rear section is. The front section, I built. Everything on the shifter I built, except for the shifter handle it self. All of the hardware for the shifter, I built. All of the trim work, I built. When I went to thw junk yard I knew I wanted a console like that, but I didnt want the front secrtion that crawls up the dashboard. I wanted something like what I built. I really hadnt thought about moving the shifter to the floor. That was the other welders idea, and when He said that, He was thinking more like a B&M. I dont really like the way they look, so when he said that, I said yea, and I want a Chevelle shifter. So this is how it turned out. Here is a few more pics of rhe console. These consoles have a radio in the back for rear passengers. None of the consoles I looked at, had a radio that was worth a crap, so I had another co worker make a silverado name plate to insert in that hole. He also made the little bow ties in the part I built .
Thanks! Mine has a little cubby where your plate is and it has heat vents too. I plan to take out the cup holder and move the shifter back to align with the cup holder cut out. There is a Mopar shift boot that fits like it was born there! Then I can put the factory cup holder more toward the center of the dash.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had 60-40 seats with the tilt down console. I found these seats at a var show swap meet. I couldnt find anyone to recover my OE seats, so I bought these. I dont like the GMT 400 floor console. IMO the GMT 800 consoles look a lot better.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your truck sure looks snazzy! I like mods that look like the factory did them like the Chevelle "Staple" shifter.
Thanks. I have about 40 mods on my truck. Most of them look OE, only better. My truck looks sweet under the hood too. And even just sitting there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wjauto1777