What cam works best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95whitez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know people that have put a cam in a truck with 300k on it. Truck has 500k on it now and he hasn't had any problems out of it

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
no id find a different one to play with, regardless of maintenance and such bearings do wear hes right, its easy to swap motors in these find a different one to play with instead of one that has 500k on it. if you really desire to do it check compression and all your tolerances before hand i mean i could go way into it but just a cam swap isnt best, need supporting mods and to make sure your motor is okay to accept it

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know people that have put a cam in a truck with 300k on it. Truck has 500k on it now and he hasn't had any problems out of it

He was lucky then, why chance buying a new cam lifters and timing set and have the motor let go soon after.
Again find a low mileage motor and play with it. Get a 96+ 350 and you'll have the vortec heads and the block will most likely be mechined for a roller set-up.
Get a hyd roller cam and lifters, no worries about breaking it in!

95whitez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll check around I would rather just leave my motor alone than change it out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSOkie