What are you running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry Southern Pride for the delay. Had my wisdom teeth cut out last Friday, and out of nowhere last night my mouth just started pouring blood, and still is unfortunately, so I've been trying to get it tended to. I was gonna ask the guys at work if they remember exactly what year the last one was we did, but didn't quite make it in. With it the weekend, can you give me a few days to discuss it with them?? Also, when I get this stopped, I'm gonna go out and measure as well. Like Mobs said, if it doesn't cover, it is gonna be close either way, I do remember that
--Josh

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right, but if nvrlo and them are using normal dash kits then it shouldn't be a problem..I'm HOPING this is the case just cuz I'd like to just order the dvd and slap it in and save as much $ as possible.

justin12234

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
right now im using fully stock but going to upgrade to jvc kd-s38 and a Jensen lxa 600 watt my dad had in his truck before he sold it, im just hoping i dont need crossovers for the stock front speakers

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
SP, the reason I recommend putting at the highest postion is because even if you have enough room center-mounted, it'll still look like a flip-out. If it's at the top of the hole, the top of screen will be at top of hole and bottom of screen will cover the jewel case pocket at the least and make it look as if you have a 2-din screen when it's open. :D

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
A standard 2-din screen is a hair over 5" tall, while the 1.5-din is around 3.5". A 2-din would cut off the top half of your a/c controls if mounted at top of hole, it would completely cover them if center-mounted. This is based off my going and measuring my 1.5-din opening and measuring the 7" screen in my yota.

This is an example of what you could get without modifying dash or partially covering your hvac controls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5omIuAob0hs

Last edited:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't understand. Why did nvr2low say it won't cover the controls? I've been contemplating what to do next DVD, switchbacks, or exhaust tips and I believe I have figured it out. Custom made Two tone black/tan leather seat covers :D $200 for front and $200 for back. My friend surprised me today with his, he got all black leather in his NBS and it looks amazing. I think the DVD will have to take a back seat to these for a minute.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
To all those about my screen, i've never had a problem with it interfering with my knees, the cupholders work fine, only the odd spill on the screen, its mounted that way so i can control it when i'm driving (yes i know) also i can control it when i'm in the passengers seat after a few too many.
It mounted with heavy duty zip ties, i still have full access to the console and drawer underneath, only take up the front cd thing.
I get to keep the HU/cd capabilities, I run windows xp on it, gps, music, videos, internet (with my iphone tethered) obd2 connections.
Quite handy.
BUT the screen is too big at 15" (got it for 100$) i have a 10" android tablet to install after i figure out how to get my gps reciever to work with it. and how to mount it
A double din unit will not easily fit in our trucks, flip out screen is they way to go if you simply want cd/dvd/game system and ****. I wanted a full fleged computer (its a mini intel board i had from an old home thetre build) and i couldnt justify spending 200$ on a smaller screen than i had before.
and i had the monitor lying around, didnt feel wirth it throwing out

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My comment about the cup holders I meant that I have cupholders where yours is a CD player. It's cool and all but no way I would be able to do a full on computer in my truck. Right now my DVD is on hold until after I get the two toned leather in :D