What are you running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Yeah the computer came pretty easy for me since i had pretty much everything lying around.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^That is ugly as hell^^^

? What's ugly about it ? It looks exactly like any double DIN you've ever seen. If he didn't show it flipping out you'd never know. I don't know what he has going on below it with all the knobs and woodgrain, if that's what you mean but the screen and DVD itself looks awesome!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
That is an EQ I believe, the guy that did the vid is in Malaysia, and I think the car is an ES Lexus.

The vid was posted just to give an example of what a 1.5-din screen would look like installed. The angle adjustments on any screen are almost a necessity, when I had my 5" installed in my radio hole of my 94 yukon, it was in a fixed position, and you had to lean over between the seats to watch it during the day, at night it showed up alot better.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I added a cable that will charge my iPhone. Just had to tap into 12v & ground (black & orange wires) for the iPhone cable. I also tapped into the front speakers for a LOC that I will install in the near future (grey, tan, light green, & dark green wires)

You must be registered for see images

As an added bonus, I was able to slide my iPhone up through the bottom of the cup holder and use it as a mount.

Last edited:

Teddy

Reaction score
I'm the new guy but this is what I have. Pioneer BT6300 flip out to a soundstream bass enhancer to a Audio Control DQXS with controller to a JL Gmax and a JL HD600/4. For the fronts Precision Power 3 way components and Kenwood components in the rear. For subs I have 2 Kicker CVT 10 shallow subs. To run this what I did is removed my A/C and placed a second alternator in to run the truck. In the stock alt location I have a 200 amp alt which powers an Optima yellow top and the stereo. I scored a driver side battery tray from a wrecker and relocated the charcoal canister to make it work. So now I can run the stereo and never worry about killing the battery to start up the truck. Now for some removing the A/C may be a bit much but I live in northern Alberta where I really don't need A/C. This is all stuffed into a regular cab. All my cabling is monster and stinger for all other accessories. I post some pics as soon as I can.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, although I live in the south, I grew up here without a/c in anything, fans in house and roll-down windows in the cars. Hell ya can't holler at somebody ya meet on the road if their winders up with ac going!!! :D

I've yet to remove my ac controls though, I think I'm just going to replace the ac control panel with one that didn't come with ac so I still have blower controls for heater.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Yeah, although I live in the south, I grew up here without a/c in anything, fans in house and roll-down windows in the cars. Hell ya can't holler at somebody ya meet on the road if their winders up with ac going!!! :D

I've yet to remove my ac controls though, I think I'm just going to replace the ac control panel with one that didn't come with ac so I still have blower controls for heater.

The dial that controls the blower motor is seperate from the rest of the hvac controls, it pops out the back (had mineo ut ti fix last night)

ActionJackson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally am on my 3rd system in my z71 ive always been a speaker fanatic. I started off with 2 kicker L7 15s no back seat it was the system i had in my suv. running on a 2000 watt power acoustik gothic series monoblock (underpowered) and the rocked harder than anything in the suv but the truck just doesnt have airspace for a wild ported system. Next i had the baddest system looks wise over anything it was a jlw3 10 that had a custom fiber glass box that wrapper around the center console up front to hold in place and had two brackets that went under the 4x4 lever plastic for extra support it was purdy.... now i have two kicker cvt 10s under the back seat