Western chassis flip kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
any opinions on western chassis flip kits? I have a Maxtrac frame notch kit already. Any issues with either that I need to be aware of before I start. Price is 129.00 total on wester chassis. Good price? Other than that I just need the upper and lower shock mounts, correct. Where did you get and what brand is suggested on the shock mounts. Thanks yall. Excited and ready to start the drop.

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
any opinions on western chassis flip kits? I have a Maxtrac frame notch kit already. Any issues with either that I need to be aware of before I start. Price is 129.00 total on wester chassis. Good price? Other than that I just need the upper and lower shock mounts, correct. Where did you get and what brand is suggested on the shock mounts. Thanks yall. Excited and ready to start the drop.
I've seen a few people use the western chassis flip kit and haven't seen any complaints yet. And for the shock mounts, from what I've seen most people use the stock locations and just get shock extenders for the lower mounts.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Use the extenders along with BellTech's Upper Shock Mount Relocation kit.
Part # 6658. Various vendors. Usually around $70.00
Puts the shocks back to a proper angle so that they work as designed.
Got shocks? I'd recommend B/T's Street Performers.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use the extenders along with BellTech's Upper Shock Mount Relocation kit.
Part # 6658. Various vendors. Usually around $70.00
Puts the shocks back to a proper angle so that they work as designed.
Got shocks? I'd recommend B/T's Street Performers.
No shocks yet. I am trying to assemble all the parts so when I start I have everything here. I have the c notch and am going to order the flip kit from western chassis. So I think other than the shocks and the shock extenders I will be good in the rear. My only issue is I already have lowering shackles in the rear set for two inche so I guess ill move them up for a one inch which would give me 7 inches in the rear i guess that is correct. I would like to order the drop spindles that don't cause the wheel to set out further, JDM? And plan on one coil cut to give me 4 drop in front. So hoping a 4 - 7 will keep me level. Thanks for the advice and part number, any suggestions on lower shock mount, or will Ebay specials be ok? Thanks a million. Im just getting so excited about the drop. After retiring and knowing I won't have to sacrifice this truck as I have so many other projects for kids and education I just get really excited. And my wife supports me! Again thanks you and to everyone for their advice and patience with me.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My '98 @ 4/7. Flipped with the shackles set @ 1".
Sig pic is @ 4/6.
Yes. The DJM's don't push the wheels out.

You must be registered for see images attach

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My '98 @ 4/7. Flipped with the shackles set @ 1".
Sig pic is @ 4/6.
Yes. The DJM's don't push the wheels out.

Beautiful. Exactly what I'm looking for. I dont know what wherl and tire combo you are running but I have a post about some rally wheels I need some advice on. 15x8 rear with 275 60 15 and 15x7 with 255 60 15. Found the wheels for 200.00. Should I jump on these or hold out for something similar to yours. I just like the old school look of the rally on our trucks but don't want to waste money if the fitment isn't right. Beautiful truck and love the stance.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Lol! I just posted in your other thread!
I like those rallys. Good deal for $200.00.
Those ones are 20x8.5's & 20x10's. 255/45's & 295/40's.
Tires & wheels were $1800.00 Cdn, which included lug nuts, wheel locks, mounting, balancing, shipping & all cross-border fees & taxes.
About 1/2 the price of the local tire shops. They wanted me to wait 3-4 months.
These came from Chicago. Ordered them on a Monday & they were dropped at my door the following Tuesday!

This is my truck @ 4/6 on SS/Sport wheels. 275/60's all around.
You will have to do a bit of grindage/clearancing on the LCAs. ...and get the tires balanced with the stick-on weights. Not the clip-on. The LCAs still could possibly knock them off when turned to full lock.