Well this is gonna suck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1madmouse

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you think $350!is bad for a set of shocks, try pricing out aftermarket Harley shocks!!! And that's just for 2!!!!
And judging by your name and avatar.....you know what I'm talking about!! Lol
Anything Harley Davidson is $hunadolla$ and up thank goodness GM isn't quite that bad Yet!

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing with boats is. Learn to fix it your self.
I learned to rebuild Volvo Penta and Mercruiser out drives.
I bought a Sail Right sewing machine and learned how to do interiors.
Had to learn to do it all cuz it's the only way i can afford it!

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sense i usually go overboard with stuff for my truck i went ahead and ordered some new inner finder splash guards as i do not have any at all.
Ordered from that ebay seller. Arrived today.
Quality seems pretty good to me. Im happy with them!
Shocks are just now ordered from Summit, $356.
Figured i might as well order the rest from Rock Auto $365. New TTX lower ball joints, TTX Inner/ Outer tie rods, Idler arm and mount. Lower control arm bushings. Will order Friday.
Replaced the pitman arm about 3 months ago with a new steering gear box.
You must be registered for see images attach

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
So sense i usually go overboard with stuff for my truck i went ahead and ordered some new inner finder splash guards as i do not have any at all.
Ordered from that ebay seller. Arrived today.
Quality seems pretty good to me. Im happy with them!
Shocks are just now ordered from Summit, $356.
Figured i might as well order the rest from Rock Auto $365. New TTX lower ball joints, TTX Inner/ Outer tie rods, Idler arm and mount. Lower control arm bushings. Will order Friday.
Replaced the pitman arm about 3 months ago with a new steering gear box.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well went ahead and ordered the remaining parts from Rock auto.
Also ordered a tie rod adjustment sleeve from Cunningham machine. Good price and i know for sure a excellent product!
Now just hope all this stuff gets here before next Thursday!

Night Bomber

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something to consider...
The DJM lowering kit I installed on my black C1500 came with new upper and lower control arms. Bushings installed on the control arms were made using DELRIN instead of rubber. DELRIN is a little more solid than rubber so the steering is just a bit more positive. Seems likely they will last longer than the rubber ones in the bushings that came out. One thing to be aware of is that if you find DELRIN bushings to install it would be wise to make sure they are installed with a quality grease otherwise they have an irritating squeak when the DELRING moves against metal under pressure.

Harkin

Reaction score
IIRC someone here (fairly recently) swapped an old used set of Bilsteins back onto their truck after being unimpressed with a new set of cheaper shocks.
I think that may be me? Long story short the Monroes were a half inch too short on the front (never checked the rear as I installed them with the wheels on the ground) and would act like bump stops. Went to a few junkyards, got some Bilsteins, couldn't replace the bushings, and then returned them and just decided to use the monroes as is. I definitely wouldn't recommend them, they ride real floaty and if the suspension decompresses fully it could just outright break them.