Want close to 2000whp? In a 4 cylinder? Get your fix here..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah they are a blast to drive thats for sure!! the motor ours had was the b18c1. I once had a camaro with a v8 think he had something but then I dropped to 3rd. from 5th. an just let the boost build an let it eat when all said an done he wasn't very happy lol!! I had to stop an get gas a few exits later an he pulled up beside me saying he was surprised that our car was that quick then I explained to him that it was boosted an was lighter than his car.
But now that i'm 32 i'm into lowered fullsize chevy's...but I do miss the gas mileage of a 4 banger lol!!

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I can certainly appreciate the engineering prowess necessary to build such an engine, I must say that the resources required make it border on irrelevancy. With those kind of cubic dollars one could take nearly any engine design (within reason) and make a tour de force of it. Custom designed parts with exotic materials could remove the inherent deficiences of the most poorly designed powerplants, while giving those with solid foundations (1UZ, RB26DETT, LS series, SBC, Windsor) the capability of extreme RPM's and stratospheric power levels. I'd personally love to see an LS series built in similar fashion, though the power would be completely unusable in all but the most extreme applications.

I won't ask why, because with those budget constraints (or lack thereof) I would let my imagination run wild. In reality, most of us could build our dream machines for the cost of the shortblock.