VSS again. 1997 Chevy K 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Yeah the 95-96's, they didn't have the 3 wires in it. Did you remove the insulation/padding around it? If so, it will be like the headlight switch, grab a flat-blade screwdriver, push on the tab and it will pop out.

Here's where it is at:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Tony G

Reaction score
Yeah the 95-96's, they didn't have the 3 wires in it. Did you remove the insulation/padding around it? If so, it will be like the headlight switch, grab a flat-blade screwdriver, push on the tab and it will pop out.

Here's where it is at:

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Silly me, I didn't even consider the connector was under all that foam padding. I was thinking the wires disconnected inside the steering column. Anyway, the switch is installed and the speedo, trans, etc are plugging right along just like any other vehicle with one quarter million miles on the clock. Thank you all.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Sorry for not getting back sooner. Silly me, I didn't even consider the connector was under all that foam padding. I was thinking the wires disconnected inside the steering column. Anyway, the switch is installed and the speedo, trans, etc are plugging right along just like any other vehicle with one quarter million miles on the clock. Thank you all.
Glad to hear they are working again! :D

99escladel31

Reaction score
would these be something to consider if every thing else on the cluster is spot on except speedometer trans and transfer case are shifting great obd2 port vs speedometer does its own thing normally around double I replaced air motor with another known good code s and its good to 13mph then starts gradual climb 20 ground speed shows 38mph