Vortec Throttle Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on my old truck I just removed the throttle body from the intake and cut the flap off with the throttle plate intact.

didn't do **** other than make the throttle really touchy off the line, I did not like it.

CowlBoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trust me, if something goes wrong you'll be the first to know :crazy: I'll probably throw a little RVT in there instead as I have a **** load laying around.

If your goin to use RTV i would let it cure for full 24hour before putting it back in because like ALOICIOUS said you dont want RTV sittin on top of your pistons. but the only reason i recomended silicon is because iv heard from mouth that people said it works but never seen it done. but if i were you i would plan to do it with rivets cause there more permanent.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
If your goin to use RTV i would let it cure for full 24hour before putting it back in because like ALOICIOUS said you dont want RTV sittin on top of your pistons. but the only reason i recomended silicon is because iv heard from mouth that people said it works but never seen it done. but if i were you i would plan to do it with rivets cause there more permanent.

Thanks for the warning guys but it'll do for my purposes for now, I've used it enough in hundreds of applications that I'm comfortable in using it. When I look at it I might have something else that will work but off the top of my head I have 0 tubes of silicon or other expoxy, used all my rivets on my buddies late model last saturday, and have 10 tubes of RTV on hand.

Kamml

Reaction score
Taking the restrictor out slows your overall airflow at part throttle resulting in less air flow speed to fill your cylinder. The smaller diameter opening results in higher flow speed for cylinder charging speed at low RPM. The restrictor is much more efficient for part throttle application. If you ran WOT all the time losing the restrictor would be a gain but since part throttle is really the rule in most everyday driving you are putting yourself at a disadvantage by removing it and actually losing power. But everybody drives differently so try it you might like it. You can alway put it back unless you damage it removing it. My .02 cents.

CowlBoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning guys but it'll do for my purposes for now, I've used it enough in hundreds of applications that I'm comfortable in using it. When I look at it I might have something else that will work but off the top of my head I have 0 tubes of silicon or other expoxy, used all my rivets on my buddies late model last saturday, and have 10 tubes of RTV on hand.

well now i feel better lol that you confident that RTV willl work lol i just didnt want ya gettin that RTV sucked into the intake. i was just llookin out for ya bra lol!!!!

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
well now i feel better lol that you confident that RTV willl work lol i just didnt want ya gettin that RTV sucked into the intake. i was just llookin out for ya bra lol!!!!

Thanks man, I would of said the same had someone else mentioned using it but it'll work fine to just test with, hell my motor has so much carbon build up it would never make it past the intake valve lol

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
lol No I was having to put up with **** from dad's misbehaving sbc on his airboat, the first night at the lake we had a misfire on cylinders 3 & 5, then Saturday night the alternator left us stranded in the gulf so needless to say the truck was the least of my worries.

CowlBoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NICE!!!! LOL nothing like bein stuck in gulf in an air boat at that. try bein broke down in a godevil boat in the middle of the marsh, frezzzin ballllz, with no tools, just shotguns and decoys lol

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Yeah thankfully we were in the flats during calm weather so we just posted up next to some mangroves till a buddy brought us another alternator.