454 Throttle body or 46-47mm modified 350 TB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, the 08-300-8 cam is .450/.480 lift. But yeah, heads might still need some love for it to clear, good point.
DOH! IDK what I was thinking, mine was the 08-430-8 (still have it sitting on the shelf). I saw the 300 and jumped to 430. Dyslexia strikes again :rolleyes:

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pull a little more fuel there, maybe 2-3% and it will be closer to target. I had your upper RPM VE table flat lined to make sure it was not leaning out at rpms higher than you ran in your prior datalogs.

Given the low knock counts, looks like the last spark advance table has the engine much happier as well.
Yeah, thanks for all your help with this setup!

1990Z71Swede

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, and don't forget to upgrade your exhaust too.
Yep, I'm going to start there, and also fuel pump and a slightly worked over (but still stock sized) Trottle body with a fuel pressure gauge. And I'm going to need a WB lambda anyways so that too I guess :)

1990Z71Swede

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you looked at the EBL Flash-II? It is capable of running with a WBO2 and automatically tuning your VE tables. The data log screens I posted are from its WUD (What's Up Display) too.

www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_Flash.php

No I have not. Obviously I need to get it tuned sooner or later one way or another. Being able to do it myself would be great. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

1990Z71Swede

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I notice that it appears to have a "Learn VE" mode.
I take it that means if I have a bin file that is not too to far off I can get it to tune itself somewhat by just driving around? How does this work IRL?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take it that means if I have a bin file that is not too to far off I can get it to tune itself somewhat by just driving around? How does this work IRL?
When you buy the EBL, it'll include some "Starter" .bins to choose from. With a WBO2 you can get better results and even tune up to WOT. In a nutshell. you disable BLM, Closed Loop, Hywy Lean Cruise, and EGR. Then turn on VE Learn and drive around. When it has a cell that is either too high or low it'll change it, up to 12% at a time. It takes a couple seconds to stay in that cell before it adjusts. After a while, you stop VE Learn and flash (takes ~4 seconds) the suggested modifications. If the engine is running, it'll shut it off while flashing. Then you turn the key off for ~10 seconds, rinse and repeat. After that, you "Smooth" out the tables and do a VE Learn again. After a few of these exercises, you'll be pretty well dialed in. Here's a link to my thread where @L31MaxExpress explains how to smooth the tables in TunerPro RT v5.00.9786 (free software with a suggested contribution) Previously I was using an older version of TP which didn't have the "interpolate x" function which makes it so much easier.

www.gmt400.com/threads/my-flat-tappet-cam-wiped-out-so-i-decided-to-go-roller.60167/page-48

In your data logs, you may find excessive Knock Counts, which you may want to reduce SA and smooth that table out too.

The EBL comes with great documentation explaining what the "Scalars", "Flags", and "Tables" do and how to tune.

1990Z71Swede

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put a clutch type posi in mine when I put in the new engine and I still don't have traction. With a 383 and 4.11 gears, I think you may be out of luck.
I take it launching in 4WD means instant carnage?