Vortec go boom!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
VTEC Kicked in too hard.

So, when's the carbed 383 build coming? ;)
Actually the short block has been sitting on the stand since November 2014. The Yukon has been my dd since then with a junkyard vortec 5.7. Sitting next to this engine is a vortec based 383 with a set of aftermarket heads, .550+ cam and a dual quad manifold. It doesn't have a home currently.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, when you kill one,,,, you kill one.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually the short block has been sitting on the stand since November 2014. The Yukon has been my dd since then with a junkyard vortec 5.7. Sitting next to this engine is a vortec based 383 with a set of aftermarket heads, .550+ cam and a dual quad manifold. It doesn't have a home currently.

now it has a home ;)

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Worst I did to a gmt400 engine was on my old 94 with a 350, managed to snap the camshaft off at the rear along with two lobes. When I pulled the engine out, it simply fell right out. The internals had also let go, to the point where it bulged out the oil pan over some of the bolts holding it on, so I didn't bother ripping it apart to see the carnage.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
This would make a cool ashtray.....not sure if you smoke though :dunno:

You must be registered for see images attach

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
2'X4'x3/4'' piece of glass should work nicely on that block.
im thinking something along those lines. I just need to decide the order want to mount them, I want to use all 8, so I might leave a gap in between the center cylinders on both sides. just needs a good cleaning and paint!