vortec engine build horse power tv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C250098

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but in that episode they used a aluminum timing cover. They never said what year block it was, but I'm assuming 96+. I have been searching for info about that timing cover with no luck. Anybody have any idea?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I've never heard of a vortech engine...

.....good post though! :waytogo: I'll watch the whole thing later. looks interesting

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but in that episode they used a aluminum timing cover. They never said what year block it was, but I'm assuming 96+. I have been searching for info about that timing cover with no luck. Anybody have any idea?

Pretty sure nobody but EFI Connection makes one for the 96-98s which is an arm and a leg. On HP tv, they can get away with a regular SB Chevy timing cover because their engine is stand alone fuel injected and does not require a crank sensor like the factory setups with FI do. Pretty limited aftermarket for certain parts on our trucks and this is definitely one of em.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Cool episode. Although most of those "in your own shop" tools they use I don't see in normal shops.