Vintage Air 88-94 System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC_YA_L8R

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The controls look a little chincy, as does the color [mis]match. Looking at the knobs, I initially thought it would be a mechanical system. No recirc button?
Vintage air systems only pull air from the cabin so it's always in recirculation technically.

The controls are all electric, an so are the blend doors. They are adjustable anywhere on the scale as far as temp, where it comes out an fan speed. Its a nice setup.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm struggling with understanding how this system is better than the OEM A/C in a GMT400. The only claim I can see that is different is they say their blower motor "delivers 20% more cubic feet of air per minute than standard blowers" but that's not a direct comparison to a GMT400 blower..

The concept of electronic controls and actuators instead of cables and vacuum lines was already accomplished by GM for the first year of this truck generation.

And the OEM system has the option of fresh air or recirculate mode. :)

So other than the VA system is new, and expensive, .... ???

Richard