Vibrating at 2500 to 3000 rpm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dfather99

Reaction score
If all else fails, drop the torque converter pan, disconnect the torque converter bolts, and push it rearward away from the flexplate. Run the engine.

If it still vibrates, it's the engine or accessories. If it doesn't, it's the trans--which probably means a failed torque converter.

ALL of this assumes this is RPM related, not speed related. Does it vibrate at the same RPM in first gear? Third? Neurtral?

What is your scan tool showing for misfire history?

It's an obd and no check enginelight is on I'll check to see if any codes come up.

CKVortec

Indian name is "Walks on Knuckles"
Reaction score
If you're checking codes also check for misfires while driving, it takes a lot before it'll set a code and could be missing more under load than at idle, one of mine does and I still haven't figured it out.

Black Gold

Reaction score
Had a similar issue a number of years ago. The fan clutch had failed and the fan hub was off center. Drove me nuts for months.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Had a similar issue a number of years ago. The fan clutch had failed and the fan hub was off center. Drove me nuts for months.
My old 83 C10 had this problem too, vibrated like plate compactor until it flew off on the highway one day.

Dfather99

Reaction score
I'll check some of this this weekend. I might have been checking the trans fluid wrong. I've check it hot but not while running.

Hopefully it's that simple

D

Dfather99

Reaction score
Toped off fluid it was a little low. I'm going to run it again to see if it needs more.

The fluid seemed to change the vibration as it seems as though it's coming on near 2000 rpm and not 200 at the time the dip stick read full so I didn't add anymore fluid.

Again no vibration in neutral or with o throttle. I can't find out about misfire because it's an obd2 but I will check to see if I can find if it is.

Dfather99

Reaction score
It's a new distributor but I was thinking of checking that again and wires. The truck sat most of the summer while I was replacing the interior so I've be checking some components that dont like to sit idle.