Vibrates and Shakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got them from discount tire. They're not very expensive, but fill in the gap between the larger center bore of aftermarket wheels and the 78 mm hub size of our OBS trucks

And that 100% fixed it???

Hard to believe since lugs hold the wheel in place.... but maybe the lugs were not 'centering' the wheel???

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
And that 100% fixed it???

Hard to believe since lugs hold the wheel in place.... but maybe the lugs were not 'centering' the wheel???

Chevy wheels are weird like that. Its not the Lugs that completely "center" the wheel. It is actually balanced around the hub.
Some people who switch wheels have big problems with this and yet when others switch wheels it doesn't seem to make a big deal.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd also consider switching to some shocks for 2-3 inches of lift depending on your crank.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Chevy wheels are weird like that. Its not the Lugs that completely "center" the wheel. It is actually balanced around the hub.
Some people who switch wheels have big problems with this and yet when others switch wheels it doesn't seem to make a big deal.

Interesting... I have been 'round and 'round with a well know shop here who does tons of volume and dealer cars and no one has said any such thing.. if this is the case I'll have to go down and teach them a lesson.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd also consider switching to some shocks for 2-3 inches of lift depending on your crank.

Yes i need new shocks, but I wont run anything but Bilsteins.. the ones for lift are more like 4-6" and prolly wont work.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Interesting... I have been 'round and 'round with a well know shop here who does tons of volume and dealer cars and no one has said any such thing.. if this is the case I'll have to go down and teach them a lesson.

I had no idea about this until the shop I worked with hired a guy that has been doing wheels and tires for 33+ years and is a huge chevy fanatic. We were talking about wheels and tires one day and he let me in on that tid bit of information

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had no idea about this until the shop I worked with hired a guy that has been doing wheels and tires for 33+ years and is a huge chevy fanatic. We were talking about wheels and tires one day and he let me in on that tid bit of information

Thanks man! Now I have to measure and see if they have hub centric rings in that size or just buy me some new wheels from DTD and ask them to throw them in!

EastTXYukon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I couldnt figure it out, and the guys at the first tire shop were just telling me that my wheels sucked and that I should get rid of them. Went to a get a second opinion and they mentioned the rings. For 20 dollars I figured why not. Havent had any problems since and I drive 75 mph everyday on my way to work.