Vibrates and Shakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my second set of tires and had them balanced and rotated many times.. this truck shakes good at hwy speeds.. it feels like the wheels are out of balance.. but is more random than a typical out of balance wheel.

Is it the ball joints or something else ???

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
U-joints, out of balance driveshaft, bent axle, bent wheel, could be any number of things.

Last edited:

cstiles90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
gonna have to get under your truck and check everythang or pay someone to it could be a number of thangs

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When it had the factory wheels and old tires it didn't do it.

I had new wheels/tires put on along with a tb crank and it all started. I changed the tires, was told that one wheel was bent and replaced that and its better but still does it to some degree...... I am thinking it could be the wheels?

I'm going to try to borrow a totally dif set of wheels and tires and see what happens.

u-joints and driveshaft look like new..

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just recently took off my 315's for 33's for better mileage, right after that my truck felt out of balance and bounces badly up and down at certain speeds. I replaced u joints and carrier bearing ( center support ) and didnt help.... I crawled under it and all over it to find WTF it was... I found that when i had the tires installed and they lifted the truck it over extended the shocks so they are trash now... Mine is 2wd and yours 4wd , i know its different shock mounts but its something to check..

I have a FabCrap lift with ****** shocks to begin with and i guess they gave me the one shock fits all ha ha .........

Good luck.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks for the advice so far....

I am running the factory Bilsteins.. 173k on them... that might be it too???

I will try hub centric rings.... where the heck can I get those?

EastTXYukon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got them from discount tire. They're not very expensive, but fill in the gap between the larger center bore of aftermarket wheels and the 78 mm hub size of our OBS trucks