Shake/Vibration when Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One guy did in another Forum after someone “joking” said torque was 56 lbs. His next post after snapping a bolt was physically threatening the joker.
At some point, a person has to man-up and decide that 56 ft/lbs on a bolt that diameter is probably not a great idea.

But you probably shouldn't listen to my advice, given that I broke two 5/16-24 U-joint strap bolts trying to remove them with a long-pattern wrench, all my strength, and lots of harsh language. All I can say in my defense is that I suffered mightily fixing my fuccup.

You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did. They are small and magnetic. The iPhone is mechanically accurate, size sucks and you have to be careful with the buttons on the sides interfering.
Which brand did you get? I was looking at a Klein Tools digital angle gauge for $30. I’m going to go through this when I drop my truck.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overdue follow-up!
Towing good again. It got better as I did each of these.
1- increased tire pressure
2-swapped in a 4” drop hitch replacing a 3”. It seemed level before, maybe too level :shrug:
3- forgot I had the spare tire on. It was a new tire on an older wheel. So, both new wheels that I actually had balanced a few years back. Planning another trip up northern NH.

Attachments

• IMG_4863.jpeg
    IMG_4863.jpeg
    647.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4862.jpeg
    IMG_4862.jpeg
    575.2 KB · Views: 10