Vibrates and Shakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I couldnt figure it out, and the guys at the first tire shop were just telling me that my wheels sucked and that I should get rid of them. Went to a get a second opinion and they mentioned the rings. For 20 dollars I figured why not. Havent had any problems since and I drive 75 mph everyday on my way to work.

Dude... I can't wait to get mine in and try them out. I'm hoping that's the issue!

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only thing is I'm running 1.25" adaptors on the rear wheels (I wasn't before and still had the same issue) so I don't know if the hub rings will work there.

I'm going to try them without the rear adapters and hub rings on all 4 to see how it goes.... then try to add the rear adapters back on and test again.

one way or another I'll isolate this issue... its not too bad, just annoying.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like that did the trick.

I'm pissed that stupid tire shop had NO clue. Actually 3 shops had NO clue. F'in idiots.. I sold good tires and got a replacement set for nothing.

Oh well, at least its fixed, and I'll go do to that shop and teach them about the round things that go under cars and trucks...

Thanks all for the help all...

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
pics of said rings? ive got wheels for an older chevy on mine. 15x10s with large center opening. no shakes or vibrations really i used to but i took out the body lift steering extension and it drivesa lot better now

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Looks like that did the trick.

I'm pissed that stupid tire shop had NO clue. Actually 3 shops had NO clue. F'in idiots.. I sold good tires and got a replacement set for nothing.

Oh well, at least its fixed, and I'll go do to that shop and teach them about the round things that go under cars and trucks...

Thanks all for the help all...

Glad it worked out for you :)

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually it didnt work... I still shake from 40-50mph depending on the road.. I think I have what is called 'beaming' or 'beam shake'. Its a bad problem on the 99-04 trucks.

I can see the rear bed start hopping like crazy from 40-50mph... I'm going to try softer bushings in the rear with new shocks back there...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've found that these trucks are fussy on the torque of the wheel nuts, too. Use a torque wrench. NOT an impact! Even with those 'torque sticks'. I torque mine down to 110 lbs, starting at 90 lbs, then 100 lbs, then a final torque down to 110.
One shop I went to tightend the wheel nuts to 150 lbs. Vibration city!
A former member, 'Stroker52' boxed his frame from the rear cab mounts to the rear frame rail ends, with lightening holes punched into the box plates. He said that that totally changed the feel of the ride of his truck, & eliminated the vibrations that his truck had. A big job, though!

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I torq the lugs too 95 ft lbs.

GM's solution for 'beaming' is adding 500 lbs in the bed of your truck. Seriously... GM is on crack.