Vette servo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed a transgo shift kit.....vette servo....and a bigger boost valve.....9 clutch pack...and it was well worth it.....night and day difference....

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! Def will be putting this onto the parts list then. Unfortunately i prob will not be doing the install due to the DD nature of the truck and the fact my roommates would freak out if i did any thing like that in the backyard lol so i will prob wind up getting it installed professionally.

Don't be worried about the install...it's really easy even if you haven't ever worked on a transmission. Takes about an hour of work.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Don't be worried about the install...it's really easy even if you haven't ever worked on a transmission. Takes about an hour of work.

If it wasnt for the fact the roomates would go ballistic at the thought of me tearing into my new truck I would do it. But its due to that and a lack of tools is another reason to get it done.

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do u have any mechanic friends???....just go do it at there house...it wont take long at all

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really if you are going to take the time to do it, go ahead and spend and extra $40 dollars and get a billet super servo. You will not be disappointed.

What is the cost more less to go with a Billet?

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive seen some billet servos for like 30 bucks.....think it was on summit.com

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The billet is way better. It is a little higher, but has 35 percent more apply area than the Corvette servo. The Corvette servo is only like 7 percent over stock. It will not cause it to shift too hard at all. Not sure why you say that. The apply area doesn't make a transmission shift harder, it makes it crispier. There are several options on a servo, Superior and Sonnex make the best, bottom line. http://www.superior-transmission.com/Product_Page.cfm?ID=121 check that link out for superior. http://www.rhino-transmission-parts.com/4l60e-problem-solvers/ is my site, check out the differences in the servo's. If you really aren't penny pinching, get the 4th gear super hold servo also. Your 2/4 band will love you. The vette servo is better than stock, but the billet is way better than either.

Chevy-Art

LS1 Truck Club Member
Reaction score
Well, I was just going by what another transmission guy (older) told me, definitely not from personal experience. That is why I chose the Corvette servo, but may upgrade to the Superior one.