Vette Servo questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iowa98Gmc

Reaction score
Im sure this has been brought up before i just cant find what im looking for when i search. I have a 98 z71 5.7 that my transmission doesnt shift to what i want. I have a 93 2500 with a shift kit in it and i like how that thing shifts but i have been seeing stuff about this corvette servo. Can someone give me some ideas and opinions about them? Are they worth it? Where do i get one? Whats better shift kit or servo? I have a superchip that supposedly "changes" the shift points and pressure.. Yeah its junk haha going to be getting a Black bear tune soon. Thanks for your help guys!!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
i put a servo in my otherwise stock 4L60E, made the 1-2 firm, and the 2-3 decent, i like it, one of the best mods i have done.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been wanting to do this mod and after all the reading I did today about it..... Im gonna pull the trigger on this deal... I wonder what a shop will charge to install it..

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Might also want to consider changing the servo pin while you're at it, makes the shifts even better. I swapped the pins in my 95, but swapped just the servos in my Avalanche.

http://www.oregonperformancetransmi...D&Category_Code=4L60E&Product_Code=ORE-CV-Pin

I have been wanting to do this mod and after all the reading I did today about it..... Im gonna pull the trigger on this deal... I wonder what a shop will charge to install it..
If you can do a brake job, you're more than capable to do this yourself.

Iowa98Gmc

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! I'll order one in the morning. Seems well worth the money. Just need to keep saving for black bear tune

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
i didnt swap my pin, was told it was bad idea? not sure if thats true though.

it took me about 45 minutes with the truck on a hoist. pretty straight forward, i would say plan 2 hours in your driveway, but if your quick you could do it in an hour.

Iowa98Gmc

Reaction score
Well just got it ordered, didn't do the pin. Now just to wait patiently. I just wish we still had our old shop with the hoist haha