V6 Motor Mounts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips or tricks on replacing the motor mounts in my 92 V6 truck?

I am not yet ready for my 305 to go in, so the v6 will be staying for a bit, however the mounts are shot. Just hoping someone may chime in with some advice on how they did it. Thanks

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to put new clamshell mounts in my '88 5.7L 4X4; but everything I found for sale was either hateful Communist Chinese garbage; or lovely Polyurethane cushions that didn't fit my clamshells or look anything like the existing rubber cushions. All the "new" parts went back, and I had to reinstall my 300,000-mile originals.

Someone posted a part number for V-6 Polyurethane cushions a month or two ago. I don't know why they'd be different than V-8 cushions, but they were. They're more-similar to what I have than what Energy Suspension sells for the V-8s. I'm kinda tempted to try 'em and see if they fit my clamshells.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-3-1145g

Reaction score
I wanted to put new clamshell mounts in my '88 5.7L 4X4; but everything I found for sale was either hateful Communist Chinese garbage; or lovely Polyurethane cushions that didn't fit my clamshells or look anything like the existing rubber cushions. All the "new" parts went back, and I had to reinstall my 300,000-mile originals.

Someone posted a part number for V-6 Polyurethane cushions a month or two ago. I don't know why they'd be different than V-8 cushions, but they were. They're more-similar to what I have than what Energy Suspension sells for the V-8s. I'm kinda tempted to try 'em and see if they fit my clamshells.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-3-1145g

Interesting, if I planned on keeping the V6 i'd definitely consider these. Thanks!

Reaction score
I went ahead and tackled the job of replacing the mounts. (Not something I'd want to do again btw) Anywho, for anyone else out there facing this job I will give my input. The driver side was not terribly difficult. I jacked up the motor using a block of wood on the oil pan lip (along the bolts). I was able to jack it up high enough to get the mount out and the new one in. However the passenger side was much more difficult. I ended up having to remove the passenger side exhaust manifold because when trying to jack that side of the motor up, the exhaust kept hitting the floor of the truck, stopping it fron going high enough. What a mess. With all of the lifting and twisting, the transmission mount also broke. So all 3 mounts are now replaced and the truck overall drives a whole lot better, no more shake under acceleration.