Upsize wiper blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ME TOO 2

Reaction score
ok, that makes it a mod, when I first heard bigger wiper mod, I literally thought you just put bigger wipers on and called it a mod. lol.
So now I'm confused.
Can you simply attach 19" blades to the existing arms and get increased coverage?

98K2500 BTW

ME TOO 2

Reaction score
correct
18in stock, 19 fit, 20 too big on stock arms

going 1 size bigger doesn't work on all vehicles, but does in this case

Thanks for clarification, mars2878
Getting new blades before winter happens.
Will try 19's

Let's open a can o' worms

Any recommendations for long lasting, streak free blades?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any recommendations for long lasting, streak free blades?

Yup, these ACDelco Professionals.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00171V1SQ

I've tried just about every wiper blade under the sun and these are the best I've found by far. The beam types (Bosch Icon, Rain-X Latitude, Trico Force etc.) are much easier to clean in the winter time, but their lifespan sucks compared to the factory style with multiple pressure points. The beam types all start streaking within a couple months for me where the factory style can last the better part of a year.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Last time I bought blades I got the basic Denso blades. They seemed to work pretty well, and I even have a cracked windshield that I'm sure doesn't help. They were super cheap from Rockauto.

It used to be wipers lasted and lasted. I'm pretty sure they've cheapened them up, and most come from China or Mexico now. The Densos are Korean made.

Spookers

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run 20" blades and only the one rubs a little on the rubber, Another cool mod I did is I took some spray nozzles off an astro van because theyre mounted on the wiper arm

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I run 19's as well, I am wanting to run 22's with mod, but I don't know how to remove the rivet, or do I just cut the bar, shorten it, then weld it back on?