upgrade for 4l80e maybe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried a set of diesel Walker Quiet-Flow mufflers on the tahoe, and they are far from quiet. Added extra resonator and additional high flow muffler per side just to get sound where can talk inside while driving. But it is NA motor. On a twin turbo v6 I tried to rely a bit on turbos to reduce noise and went with just a high flow borla and it turned out louder than what I was looking for. Eventually I will get it right, hoping Burban will be it.
I had a 2005 SRT-4 with a custom Turbo kit and a bunch of other stuff. It dyno'd at 471hp to the wheels in 100 octane mode @24lbs of boost and around 350 in street trim @19lbs of boost.

I had a 3" downpipe to an electronic cutout that dumped right behind the front tire and the rest of the exhaust went to a 3.5" high flow cat, a 4" x 24" resonator like this https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dep-400405, and then to a flowmaster delta 50 that was single in and dual out. With the cutout shut, it was quieter than the stock exhaust and still had plenty of flow to keep the EGT's from getting too high and had let the turbo spool up quick. I daily drove it all over the place like that and it was crazy quiet inside. With the cutout open it was an absolute monster.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do they make a gear reduction kit for reverse? i like the low 1st and reverse in the 4l60e
I doubt it. Ive only ever seen the 1st and 2nd gear sets available for the 4l80e/th400s.
Ill use 4Low and disable the signal to the front actuator so i have 2Low and can back up with a heavy goosneck easier and slower.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I think a larger transmission cooler would be a cheaper option.

But it does look pretty trick.
Does anyone make an old school style finned aluminum pan for a 4L80E? I actually have clearance for a deeper pan on Rawhide since he is stock height and 2wd. I agree with you on the cooler though.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thinking about doing a pan swap to this https://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-14207 do you think the y pipe or frond drive shaft will be in the way?
I had one of the tube pans on my 91 4l80e. Ended up changing to aluminium finned one instead. But I don't think either substantially did much of a difference. I changed simply as the steel one had a leaky flange and the only way to seal was to skip the gasket and rtv it on.