Unusual Rear Tire Wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Yeah. May as well if I’m going to have to pull the carrier and pinion anyway. Koyo or Timken bearings? I usually just do the auto parts store brand for wheel bearings since they’re easy to change but I don’t want to be redoing this anytime soon.
I don’t blame you, you’ll like the difference!

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So at the time of when I got it, it had 3.73 written on it. It turns out it’s a 2.73 after I took it apart. So....how will 2.73 gears pair with a 4L60E? I feel like I’m going to be lugging my engine but I don’t know for sure.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
So at the time of when I got it, it had 3.73 written on it. It turns out it’s a 2.73 after I took it apart. So....how will 2.73 gears pair with a 4L60E? I feel like I’m going to be lugging my engine but I don’t know for sure.
Mmm, I don't know how that'll do. Is there any way you can use your 3.42's in the new housing? Cause that would be better.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Ideally I’d like to do that. It’s just difficult since it’s my only vehicle and I work out of t.
Fully understood! That's why I got the blue oval, so I have something else to drive to work and the parts store. Didn't want a Triton, heard too many bad things about them.
But as one of my old bosses from Ville Platte, Louisiana used to say:" beggars can't be choicey ". He grew up in very rural areas and spoke Creole from an early age as well as English, because his grandparents only spoke Creole.
It's got some issues, but for $600 it's a fairly decent truck. Just fun getting my 5'6" middle age self in and out of it since it's 4x4.