Turn signal problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ritchison07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just recently started having an issue with my turn signals.. when my headlights are on at night my signals do not blink at all, but as soon as i turn the headlights off they will blink like their supposed too. Does anyone know what could be the cause and solution to this?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
is it front and rear blinker or just the rear ones

Sent from my 6.0 powered android

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
my rears where screwed up and I replaced the circuit boards in the tails and it fixed my problem but my fronts still worked just blinked super fast

Ritchison07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
my rears where screwed up and I replaced the circuit boards in the tails and it fixed my problem but my fronts still worked just blinked super fast

It doesnt even register on the dash that the blinker is on when my head lights are on.. so far im gathering that the headlight switch could be bad. I guess ill start with replacing that and see how it goes

Ritchison07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update:

Bought a new headlight switch and looked at the original factory pigtail as well... Pigtail looked great, no burn marks or anything weird that would make me want to replace it. I installed the new headlight switch and nothing changed. My problem still remains, the signals blink with the headlights off. When the lights are on, the left side will blink very slowly, and the right side wont so anything at all. Im totally stumped, any ideas on what my next course of action could be? My grounds and wires look in good shape as well... Do i need to dig into the steering column and see if the turn signal switch is bad or the pigtail?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
does the problem happen when you turn your parking lights on or only when the headlights are on reason I ask is I don't think the headlights have anything to do with it you have the old spilt style switch where the top portion turns on the park lights and the bottom the headlights, anyway turn your park lights on and press the brakes have somebody look to see if the brake lights are working and report back

Ritchison07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
does the problem happen when you turn your parking lights on or only when the headlights are on reason I ask is I don't think the headlights have anything to do with it you have the old spilt style switch where the top portion turns on the park lights and the bottom the headlights, anyway turn your park lights on and press the brakes have somebody look to see if the brake lights are working and report back

Sorry, im just used to always running the parking and headlights at the same time. And yes, it only happens when the parking lights are on.

Update 2.0---
When i have the headlights turned on, i have no taillights or turnsignals, or brake lights. When i turn the headlights off, i have everything working normally.
How i havent gotten pulled over or hit is behind me since ive been dealing with this for a few days now. Clearly somebody is watching out for me. Any suggestions on how to go about solving this problem now?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I still feel strongly that your problem is with the tail light circuit boards I had a very similar issue with my truck when I bought everything worked fine when lights were off but when turned on it screwed everything up besides the circuit boards are cheap I got mine from AutoZone for like 27 bucks for the pair.... I'm not saying that is for sure your problem but thinking it could be.... also have you checked all the bulbs in your tail lamps