Turn signal problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ritchison07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still feel strongly that your problem is with the tail light circuit boards I had a very similar issue with my truck when I bought everything worked fine when lights were off but when turned on it screwed everything up besides the circuit boards are cheap I got mine from AutoZone for like 27 bucks for the pair.... I'm not saying that is for sure your problem but thinking it could be.... also have you checked all the bulbs in your tail lamps

Sent from my 6.0 powered android

I dont have circuit boards man... My tailight housings have 3 seperate bulbs. Any idea of where the grounds are for the rear electrical wiring? Thats my next course of action

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I dont have circuit boards man... My tailight housings have 3 seperate bulbs. Any idea of where the grounds are for the rear electrical wiring? Thats my next course of action

oh what year is your truck I was going by your sig and assumed 1990 like mine.... I have no clue as where everything is grounded

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
There should be a ground at the frame under the DS rear taillight. If not, check for mods to yer trailer light wiring to see if the ground has been moved. Either way u should have a ground at the back of the truck.

Ritchison07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
There should be a ground at the frame under the DS rear taillight. If not, check for mods to yer trailer light wiring to see if the ground has been moved. Either way u should have a ground at the back of the truck.

I never thought of that! The PO had hacked up the wiring and it looked like he tried to install a trailer wiring harness. When i got the truck the license plate bulbs werent working, and i had to fix that. I bet something has come loose. Thank you very much guys! Ill check that out tomorrow.

Sent from my 4G powered 5.7

Ritchison07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its fixed! Turns out it was a bad ground after all! Tomorrow ill go and buy a better bolt to ground it to the frame. Thanks for much for the help everyone!

Sent from my 4G powered 5.7

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
awesome glad you got it fixed