Turbocharged 5.7 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
a civil, practical solution to our thirst for power and snot
I learned a long time ago that it doesn’t pay to be a ***** to people you don’t know. I offered my two cents and was polite about it.

I’ve seen multitudes of people get angry over simple comments, and I don’t find it necessary, so I don’t go that route. I do hope @Legend20seVen finds out the information they’re after.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I learned a long time ago that it doesn’t pay to be a ***** to people you don’t know. I offered my two cents and was polite about it.

I’ve seen multitudes of people get angry over simple comments, and I don’t find it necessary, so I don’t go that route. I do hope @Legend20seVen finds out the information they’re after.

Its hard to find folks like you. This forum seems to be very laid back without any bickering. I like it.
I try to give my experiences to help folks save their time and money and leave my opinion out of it.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you wanting to do all your own fab work?
Ive never seen a older 5.7 with a turbo..
But for the LS stuff you can just make a manifold on the passenger side out of 2.5" sch 40 pipe.
Use 1.5" 90s for primary's.
Use the factory driver side manifold.
Make a cross over pipe to connect to the factory driver manifold to the rear of the passenger side turbo manifold.
Mount your turbo on that and make a down pipe..

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure this is a LS engine but here is how i did mine..
You can use the same concept on anything. Driver side connects to the rear of this manifold on that 45* elbow pointing down and to the rear.
Turbo sits on that flange on the front side.

You must be registered for see images attach

Legend20seVen

Reaction score
Sure this is a LS engine but here is how i did mine..
You can use the same concept on anything. Driver side connects to the rear of this manifold on that 45* elbow pointing down and to the rear.
Turbo sits on that flange on the front side.

You must be registered for see images attach
I have a set of headers that I was planning on doing a flip...just have to keep the flange the same I am pretty sure..was just going to put a small y pipe deal to get the two header pipes into one

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Headers will work if there is no clearance issues. Just wrap them and you should be good.
Keeps more heat in. less melted stuff and faster spool.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Look, all I am looking for is some pictures of some builds and stuff like that.

Are you wanting to do all your own fab work?
Ive never seen a older 5.7 with a turbo..
But for the LS stuff you can just make a manifold on the passenger side out of 2.5" sch 40 pipe.
Use 1.5" 90s for primary's.
Use the factory driver side manifold.
Make a cross over pipe to connect to the factory driver manifold to the rear of the passenger side turbo manifold.
Mount your turbo on that and make a down pipe..

Ask and ye shall receive.

Here's my smallblock based turbo build. It's a complete animal compared to an LS build.

Also regularly sees 7900rpm.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/my-1990-c1500-swb-build-daily-driver.27839/

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Here's a good video (not sure if it's already been suggested or not) of Hot Rod magazine throwing one of those cheap-o turbo kits on an SBC and making impressive numbers with it. Find the right tuner who's willing to go through the headache of trying to tune the TBI system for turbo and you're golden.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media