Turbocharged 5.7 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mule89

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone it's been a while since I have last posted and have been busy with life. But in the meantime I put this together so...

Mule89

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right after that post I've got real busy with trying to keep water buckets for My Horses unfrozen. The turbo is fine however the engine is not anymore. Before it was running on 7 cylinders but now it fills the oil pan with coolant. So I decided to go pulling engine from a yard. I did my homework and I thought I had checked every way I possibly could in the yard to make sure that it was a good engine. However got it home and number 6 rod bearing was trash. It was a 99 Vortec 350 out of a Tahoe. I was going to do the vortec head TBI but now with three blocks laying around I was thinking of making a Frankenstein of all three. Or I could just spend the money on a Vortec. What sucks about this is that I'm on a extremely low budget especially since we are slow at work. I did however relocate the turbo it will still be sticking out of the hood and hopefully I can set up the next engine for it. I will post a video as soon as I can. I did take a look back at my original engine block. And the two damaged rods and broken crank shaft.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
haha, I showed my fiancee the pics and asked if she knew what they were, she kinda knew, I said well the one isn't supposed to be broke, nor is the other one supposed to bent.