Tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Black bear performance is a popular mail-order tuner.

Depending on where you are, there may be local tuners you can drop off your ECU and pick it up same or next few days too. Here, there's a lot of those guys offering services thru FBMP, OfferUp, etc.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2 for Black Bear Performance. They've been great to work with in my experience. Here's a link to their website.

https://www.blackbearperformance.com/

There are other options too, PCMforLess and Westers can mail order tune the Vortec trucks IIRC.

That said though, what year is your truck? If it's a '98+ then the computer is supported by HPTuners, so any speed shop with a dyno and that software could tune it for you in person. You'd probably get better results that way, but it might be more expensive.

EDIT - Based on your user name having "95" in it and some of your previous posts, I'm thinking this may be a TBI ('88-'95) truck. If that's the case, mail order tuners are going to be hard to find. TBIChips (Harris Performance) are the only well known guys doing it that I'm aware of, and it's almost equally well known that their tunes aren't great. There are people that can do it properly, but you'll need to find them in places like the Gearhead EFI forums, and you'll probably need to buy some equipment. @PlayingWithTBI has more knowledge on the subject. Here's a link to the Gearhead EFI forums.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/forum.php

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TBIChips (Harris Performance) are the only well known guys doing it that I'm aware of, and it's almost equally well known that their tunes aren't great.
^^^X2

There are people that can do it properly, but you'll need to find them in places like the Gearhead EFI forums, and you'll probably need to buy some equipment
Yes, guys like Dave w (Old School EFI) over there, and maybe @tayto here on GMT400.com and there on GearHead-EFI? The best way to tune is with a WBO2 and data logging, tune, data log, rinse and repeat. A mail order tune can be good but not the best.

Last edited:

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there's also wester's garage: https://www.westersgarage.com/

I can help with a starter bin but even I don't have much spare time these days. you will need a datalogging cable at minimum. a chip burner would be good too. unfortunately moates discontinued their emulator unless you find one used.

dave w @ old school efi can probably help you but you will need a datalogging cable and chip burner.