True Dual or Catback?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My new 350 will be installed in about a week or so. But im undecided on what to do with my exhaust. I currently have a catback with a cherrybomb extreme muffler. Should I run the catback with a different muffler and a highflow or no cat? if so which muffler? Or should I run true dual exhaust (2 pipes 2 mufflers from headers back) with highflow or no cats? I like the deep sound of spintechs but have yet to hear any good sound clips on a gmt 400 to decide if I want one. I like it loud. I was thinking if i went true dual i would run 2 glasspacks with highflow or no cats. Any suggestions??

Motor- 5.7 tbi, shorty headers, edelbrock cam and lifter kit, and edelbrock performer intake.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
True duals all the way back, use highflow cats & stay away from glasspacks

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
True duals all the way back, use highflow cats & stay away from glasspacks

Whats wrong with glasspacks there not to obnoxious with cats im thinking the 22" ones. What mufflers do you suggest?

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I'm kind of old school and would say go with the 40 series Flowmaster

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
For the love of God, do not run dual exhaust on that truck. Everyone will hate you, and kittens will be boiled in hell everytime you leave a stoplight.

It sounds like complete ass and wrecks what performance there is out of those engines. Run headers if you want, but either way a catted y-pipe into a 3" single exhaust is by FAR the best combination of sound and performance. Pick up a 14" Magnaflow if you want it to be loud and sound decent.