Truck stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBSMando

Reaction score
Been having a stalling issue with my 95 obs . Truck turns on fine but after a good while of driving the truck stalls and won’t turn back on I have to wait until the truck cools down for it to work again . Also noticed that when I was hauling some wheels the truck didn’t even last 5 mins and it kept stalling constantly. If anyone has had this issue please help me

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You are either losing spark or fuel. Need a spark tester and fuel pressure gauge at the minimum to see which one is falling off.

Doesn't the ICM sometimes die if it overheats? @PlayingWithTBI is one of our TBI experts. Hopefully he can chime in.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the ICM sometimes die if it overheats?
Yep, it can, especially when heat related as described. OP, how old and what brand ICM do you have? The ignition coil can/will take out the ICM too. Is the Pickup Coil inside the distributor in good condition without any cracks?

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem.
It's always a good idea to check fuel pressure too.

Then you can put a scanner on it and see what's going on. The scanner can't tell you if you have low fuel pressure, except for maybe the O2 feedback being low. It can't tell you if your ICM or Coil is bad either, or if any other wiring/equipment are bad but, it may give you an idea where to look if there isn't anything obvious in the data stream.

OBSMando

Reaction score
Yep, it can, especially when heat related as described. OP, how old and what brand ICM do you have? The ignition coil can/will take out the ICM too. Is the Pickup Coil inside the distributor in good condition without any cracks?

Then you can put a scanner on it and see what's going on. The scanner can't tell you if you have low fuel pressure, except for maybe the O2 feedback being low. It can't tell you if your ICM or Coil is bad either, or if any other wiring/equipment are bad but, it may give you an idea where to look if there isn't anything obvious in the data streamDoesn't the ICM sometimes die if it overheats? @PlayingWithTBI is one of our TBI experts. Hopefully he can chime in. also notice that my fuel pump does whine when ever It stalls out when I go to start it

Then you can put a scanner on it and see what's going on. The scanner can't tell you if you have low fuel pressure, except for maybe the O2 feedback being low. It can't tell you if your ICM or Coil is bad either, or if any other wiring/equipment are bad but, it may give you an idea where to look if there isn't anything obvious in the data stream.
There not even a year old they are the del

There the ac delcao and there not even a year old i swapped it out like a couple months back .

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see you have already started a thread about your issue.

There are other suggestions like, fuel pressure, scanner, wiring/connectors, etc. Just because they're ACDELCO doesn't mean you don't have a bad one. :33:

OBSMando

Reaction score
I see you have already started a thread about your issue.

There are other suggestions like, fuel pressure, scanner, wiring/connectors, etc. Just because they're ACDELCO doesn't mean you don't have a bad one. :33:
Yea possibly would of got a lemon :( I will keep on trying to see what’s the issue I tried fuel pump aswell not sure if it was properly installed