Stalling issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrockGrimes

Reaction score
Replaced the Dist and got the old boy back on the road. It sat periodically started during the troubleshooting process. So it seemed to sputter a bit once I got it going today. Got a new full tank of gas in it and drove it a few miles and seems to be doing ok now. It's good to get it running again. This dist didn't look so bad in the truck but once I got it out it basically started falling apart. I'm actually surprised given the engine only has a little over 50k miles. The old man I bought the truck from was a good mech. and serviced everything regularly. Wonder if this was one of those cheapy dist. gotten during covid. If you're finding your C1500 shutting off when being put in gear (my original problem) check the dist condition it make be worse than you thought.

You must be registered for see images attach

BrockGrimes

Reaction score
Well...yeah. That is, by far, the worst one I've ever seen.

Can I copy your photo for posting on other threads?
Sure. Like I said when it was sitting in the truck other than looking rusty it was intact. Once I got it out and kinda banged it around it basically fell apart. FYI, worst i've seen also.