Transmission Crossmember

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For all you low riding crazy guys what are you guys doing to remedy the transmission cross member that has its bolts sticking out the bottom of the frame. i wish it was like my sonoma where i could just drill some new holes and it was done.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Have you tried simply reversing the bolts? It really ought to be that simple.

Never was an issue for me but I didn't have a bagged GMT400; the lowest static dropped GMT400 I ran would drag the gas tank (extended cab longbed) on sharp driveway angles.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, I gotcha. I thought you were bummed about bolts going through the other way. Last crossmember I had to worry about was one on an HD under an NV4500 and the bolts go down through it with nuts under the frame.

So what's the prob? There's a lot of protruding items along the underside of the frame, a couple bolt heads shouldn't be an issue. Or if they are an issue, they're not your only ones.

Richard

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only thing besides my exhaust that hangs below the frame are the 4 bolts that hold the trans cross member in.

Muney

Reaction score
unbolt the crossmember, weld some angle iron on both sides and redrill holes into the side of the frame. simple as that, only other option is fabbing a new xmember completely