Desperately need this crossmember

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aussiesteve

Reaction score
I have a 1992 GMC c1500 2x4 and the previous owner took the spare wheel carrier crossmember off to fit a huge trailer hitch and never replaced it, long story.

I bought this vehicle and am restoring it and need this part and can not find one here anywhere here.

I am in Australia and all my parts go through a shipping agent in Compton California. All i need is someone to find one in a junk yard and post it to the shipping joint i use and i take it from there,

These Vehicles were grey imports in the 1990,s and i have only seen 1 simmilar in 12 months.

i dont care if the part is greasy, has surface rust or needs to be refurbished/painted, i can do that.
there looks like 2 types and as long as my bar that goes through the rear bumper works, its fine.
i dont need the hoist winch, i will buy a brand new one, but if its all together and one is there i will take it.
The first photo also has 2 bars either side of the crossmember, i would like them also but if not available i could make them.
steve in Australia

Attachments

• spare.png
    spare.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • 1992-chevrolet-1500-ss.jpg
    1992-chevrolet-1500-ss.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 19