Trans number 3, toast?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it seems I may have cooked another trans. Shifts perfectly fine until it get's warm, than from 1st it shifts to 2nd and gets a shudder at low rpm, seems fine in 3rd until you lay half throttle than it slips and OD becomes non existent. The trans has roughly 15k miles on it and was built by a reputable trans guy. I'm going to have it looked at hopefully tomorrow, but maybe some of you can tell me if I should be prepared for a complete rebuild or maybe it's a Solenoid or o ring? If I do need a rebuild I'm considering this kit. http://www.monstertrans.com/store/p...,-Mega-Monster%2dIn%2dA%2dBox:-1993%2d97.html Seems to be the best bang for the buck, unless you have other recommendation's. Thanks for the time guys.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
What transmission is it? Maybe there is something that is hurting your transmission, what motor doe it have? How much HP? Obv you can toast a transmission by running the piss out of it.. but it very well can be also because the gearing isn't set right for the tires that you have on the truck.. Not sure thats weird.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you been taking it to the same shop every time it has gone out? Because if they are just rebuilding your old one, something is obviously wrong with something else they are not touching. Assuming its a 4l60e, they have been known toast 200k miles.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
your lifted right? what gear ratio tire size, extra hp are you running and has the pump or fluid or filter been replaced after your rebuild? those can easily be overlooked, also trans cooler equipped?

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
trans ended up getting completely cooked. Bought one from my buddies dad who is a really good trans builder. Also putting a bigger cooler in and should be good after that.