Trailer harness install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
How big of a project is wiring in a new harness? Nothing fancy, just a standard type flat plug. There was one on the truck at some point before and it was cut out by the previous owner, I think thats why my blinkers do not work correctly (hazards instead of blinker and the dash indicators are on if the lights are on).

Rhamill - WARNING: if you reply that this is an easy job, I will be coming to see you so you can help me!!!!

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
You can get a wiring harness that will plug directly into your factory tail light harness and then all you have to do is bolt on the ground and you are done

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Expensive? Where do I get the harness? Special type or something I can pick up anywhere?

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Expensive? Where do I get the harness? Special type or something I can pick up anywhere?

Oreillys, autozone, in the trailer section. They're not expensive if I remember correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
That is similar to what i will be running i am just going to wire it a little different

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wire up the 7-pin and use an adapter for a 4-pin. A little more flexibilty depending on what you hitch up to...

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
the one i am going to run has both a 4 and a 7 pin like the other josh showed. ( just not the same design)
that way there is no need for a adapter

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you haven't done it yet get ahold of me through here and we can get it handled...... I even have an extra brake controller you can have for a six pack....